How to configure VirtualDJ for play music on Internet Radio, Second Life, Utherverse
STREAMING WITH VIRTUALDJ
Install and run VirtualDJ
1. Go to http://www.virtualdj.com
2. Chouse PRODUCTS - Software - Comparision
3. You must chouse minimum VirtualDJ Broadcaster for streaming
4. Buy a version, download and install in your computer
5. Download the LAME Encoder from Internet if is not present in C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ folder
3. You need to copy lame_enc.dll in C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ folder
4. Start VirtualDJ application
5. Clik on the RECORD button you find in center of the main app window
6. Choose BROADCAST
7. Then chouse CONFIG...
8. This will load up the Broadcast config box.
VERY IMPORTANT !!!
In order to stream your music you must have a shoutcast server
You can have a server just visit our website: www.shoutcastnet.com
9. Under the Format option, you will need to select MPEG (Shoutcast/Icecast2)
10. In the SERVER tab input your provided Shoutcast server address (you will have all this information after you buy a server plan)
11. In the PORT tab input your provided port number (you will have all this information after you buy a server plan)
12. In the NAME tab input your RADIO station or DJ name
13. In the PASSWORD tab input your password (you will have all this information after you buy a server plan)
14. The 'GENRE tab allows you to input the genre of your stream
15.Finaly click OK
16. You should see a message telling your server status, time diffusion and song name
Play Music in Second Life
The http://serverip:serverport address should be added to a parcel of land in Second Life
so everyone on that land parcel will hear you play
If you own the land yourself go to "About Land". Click on the "Media" tab and paste the URL http://serverip:serverport into the "Music URL" field
Close the dialog, and when you press play on the music player you should hear your own stream
If you do not own land ask the Club Owner or Manager to change the URL for you
Play Music in Utherverse
1.The http://serverip:serverport address should be added to an object created on your Property so everyone will hear you play
2.If you own the Property yourself goto "Prop-Editor".
3.Click right on any object you created choose "Properties", choose "Script", choose "Play Music Script" and paste the URL into the "URL" field
4.Close the dialog, and you should hear your own music
5.If you do not own Property ask the Owner or Manager to set the URL for you.